Karaoke Night (/w Prizes?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Auvreaeath, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Would you be interested in Karaoke Night?

1. Heck Yes!

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No Thanks!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Helper Staff Member Helper

Oof,

Hello everyone your Auveraerath here. This isn't anything official on my end just yet and this thread is more so to gauge community response. Currently in planning I've been talking to the rest of the staff team on Timezones and who'd be around and available for this to go down and so now I'm here to talk to everyone.

I'd like to bring back a Karaoke night, singing personally isn't a huge impact on my life but it's always fun to do and mess around with friends. Some of you've been around during these but we've gotten a few relatively big groups on Discord just to listen to songs and even sing a little bit the past two weeks and so now I'd like to organize something bigger and better. But like I said this is all just a quickly drawn up post about the idea in general and nothing's settled until I can get some of your feedback.

The general idea; on either an upcoming Friday or Saturday night we get as many people as we can onto Discord and in-game to hang around and have some fun. Going along with the music bot if anyone dares be brave enough I'll setup a Doc for you to submit songs you'd like to play and sing along to. Don't wanna sing? You don't have to! Everyone's welcome. Someone I was talking to the other day was able to play the guitar pretty well, just wanna show off your guitar skillz? That's fine too! No time is currently set into date however if you have any suggestions or specific times that may work better for everyone let me know below!

Now to accompany all that I'm getting together some things in-game that I'd like to just give out to those who sing and what not. I've got a little stash of Tokens on Prison. I'll do some Enchants on Survival/Skyblock. Give out some Legendary stuff and ofc just give some cash that I have on the varying servers, I'll try and draw up a larger prize pool but you'll have to give me some time. ^^ If there's enough support around the whole thing I'll even spend some $$ and maybe we can have a vote among everyone who participated and I'll purchase a rank to the "best singer" voted on by all of ya'll.

Excuse the rushed thread but for convenience there'll be a poll simply asking "heck yes" if you're for another Karaoke night or a "no thanks" If you're not interested. Thanks everyone and have a great day.

2. Ash 愛

Ash 愛 Helper Staff Member Helper

Full Time Disappointment
    Voting a best singer would also judge that there is worst singers, the entire event of giving out prizes could bring crushing defeat, through that causing others to feel worse due to social bias. Overall voting a "best" singer would entail bad singers, causing for hurt feelings and insults. Some people are very insecure about their voices, especially when its an attempt to draw them out for prizes. Another thing is trying to make those conscious of their voice. The event could be a huge relief for those conscious about their voices, but in the same idea it could lead to the opposite affect and lead to hurt feelings..

3. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Local Weeb, Gaming Addict and Trap ;3
    Heell Yes, as one of he people who got this idea rolling back when truly hosted it WE NEED IT BACk , I would looks to suggest just giving keys to people who sing therefore it’s not a talent contest it’s more of a get people to sing and have fun instead of judge others voices

4. YoursTrulyxXxX

YoursTrulyxXxX New Member

5. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Helper Staff Member Helper

As is with everything there will always be "talent" involved. However as stated the general idea is to get everyone together, be silly, and have fun. Those who choose to sing I'll definitely get something to them but there will always be people like myself among those much better than me.

I see your perspective in regards to best singer and because it's a currently in the works thing and more of an idea it likely wont be there but I appreciate it! At the end of the night everyone who participates will have rocked it and I'm definitely willing to get whatever I can out of pocket to distribute. ^^ It's meant to be a fun event without judgement as to why I'd like to give out prizes to all who participate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KingGoldensPanda

KingGoldensPanda Owner Staff Member Owner

Home Page:
    ill join if I can yell at @Ace

ill give some prizes if this pulls through ;)

7. Ace

Ace Mod Staff Member Mod

Professional Couch Potato
    Wow you would actually talk :O that's New.

On another note I love this idea although I probably wouldn't do much singing I enjoyed it very much when truly hosted it before. I do hope this pulls through!!
    (Late reply shoot me)

8. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Local Weeb, Gaming Addict and Trap ;3
    *Lauchs Loli attack*