Many, many suggestions... (& some bugs)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by bomber12309, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bomber12309

bomber12309 Member

professional crier
    Hello,
    I've noticed that there haven't been any gameplay-oriented updates in a while globally (except the survival & skyblock resets). So I've decided to make this thread and hopefully some of these suggestions will be decent enough to be thought about. Feel free to criticize/develop them, or even add more suggestions.

Global
    In survival-skyblock-prison, it's impossible to shift double click to put all of the same item into a chest in 1.11.2. It should be possible, as it is in vanilla & in 1.12, but it's not. On the other hand, in factions, 1.11.2 works perfectly. But 1.12 doesn't. It's kind of irritating to have to switch to 1.12 just so I can sell items faster. This might not have anything to do with the server though, I don't know.

Custom Enchantments

- Torch. I actually am not sure if it's just survival or if it's on factions and skyblock too, but it's impossible to get the torch CE. It's on the guide but we can't get it.
    - Infinity Blade. I had it on my sword at level 2 and it was working very well, I could get strength for over 9 minutes. But then I got it to level 3 and it doesn't work at all anymore. If I am lucky I can get the effect for 6 seconds at most. It could also be because of the other custom enchants (before getting it to level 3 I also got energized 3 and dizzy 5) but it seems kind of unlikely.
    - Magnet. It's irritating how we don't get mcmmo levels because of magnet. I don't know if it can be fixed but it would be nice.
    - Explosive Mining. It seems kind of buggy, when I'm mining stone, it breaks maybe 1 block, 2 at most. But when I'm breaking dirt with it, it can easily break over 10 blocks (breaks some blocks in a 3x3x3 area). I don't know if it's a bug or if it's meant to be (because, idk, dirt is easier to explode than stone?) but either way it makes explosive mining pretty useless.

Prison
    The prison reset was 3 months ago (July 23rd) yet the game hasn't fully been released. Some people (including me) have been waiting for over 2 months to be able to prestige, which has been a bit irritating. And, there hasn't been any update other than emperor/tier/free releases since pickaxe levels (which are useless, or even annoying) were added. Note that I will be mainly focusing on this gamemode as it is my favorite one.
    So, prestige! Something that we have been waiting for what seems like forever. I really don't know why it hasn't been added yet..., but I have a few ideas for it.
    Firstly, I believe we should keep our pickaxes. Some have spent IRL money on them, and if we didn't keep them, then it would be easy to bypass: let someone borrow it, put it in a chest, etc., and you could just make a 2nd pick. Plus, you could also sell it before ranking up for IRL money or a rank, so it doesn't feel like a really great system.
    Instead, I think there's an obvious option with advantages & disadvantages.

Higher prices for rankups when you prestige.
    The price could go up for every prestige, or just stay the same on all prestiges.
    Click here for a price list for prestige I've made that I feel is realistic
    Pros -
    1. Makes it harder to rankup, especially in A-Z
    2. Still possible to buy items, blocks, tokens at a reasonable price
    3. Selling tokens wouldn't be as much an advantage

Cons -
    1. It could be bad in an economic way - for example, stay in S until you have 300% of rankup price so you can buy items or tokens. On the other hand, this wouldn't really be bad. We have access to free after prestiging so we could get those items ourselves. And most people who are free don't NEED to buy tokens (most of those who do only do it so they can max their picks).
    2. It would be very hard in higher ranks, especially Tier, because it is meant to be for people who already have a great pick. But this is also a pro because prestige is meant to be harder.
    This doesn't really feel like a great option, but it seems simple (don't know if it actually is though...)

Also, I think it would be nice to unlock higher enchantment levels after prestiging. Just a few, so we actually have something to do with our tokens, instead of selling them all and ranking up very quickly.
    Some ranks are messy. Most of them are quite balanced, but some are too good or too bad:
    - S. A lot of people just camp in S until they have an op pick because the sell prices are VERY high, and fortune works incredibly well. Also, it's very easy to get to that rank, and out of the 4 alt abusers I know of since reset, all 4 of them used S to advantage their main account. This should be an obvious warning that the S prices are too high and must be lowered.

- N, O, P
    The sell prices for everything are terrible. With a basically maxed pick, these were definitely the hardest ranks between A to Z. And when I help someone in these ranks rankup it takes longer than any other rank below "U".

- Noble
    The sell prices are terrible considering the rankup cost. I believe nonranks get around $280 per full inventory. I'm fairly sure that is the lowest price, yet the rankup cost is 65,000. That is... 230+ inventories to rankup.

These are the only ones I can think of at the moment.
    Pickaxe levels are completely useless at the moment. If anything, they are worse than useless - they're a pain. If you don't insta mine, the blocks you break keep being reset halfway through (click HERE to see), which is incredibly annoying for beginners. So I would suggest to either add a use to them that would make the pain worth it, fix the blocks being reset midway, or completely remove them.

A common suggestion would be to give a random enchantments (would not include Treasure Chest or Unbreakable) every X levels. I would say every 15-20 levels to make it balanced, but also not pointless. And I would also add an option to disable the random enchants (for example, I would disable it as my pickaxe is already maxed except springs & unbreaking - I absolutely do not want springs, and unbreaking is pointless)

Another idea would be to give rewards (either small rewards every level or big rewards every ? levels). Of course, it should be balance and pre-determined which would take a bit of time. But at some point it could just be the same most levels (e.g. $5k every level after 250, then some special, higher reward at 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 600, 750, etc...)

Personally I would just remove them. It's very easy (I'm guessing), wouldn't harm anyone and wouldn't change anything.
    For some reason, the shop works much differently than on survival, skyblock and factions. It's annoying to explain to new people because it is confusing at first. You have to click twice to confirm your purchase, and it isn't obvious that you're supposed to re-confirm it, so new people thing the shop is bugged because they can't buy anything. So in my opinion the shop should just have the same system as the other game modes (in which I have NEVER seen anyone confused about the shop system)

Also, the shop is full and unorganized. It would be nice to have some new things and some organization. For example, some might want purpur blocks, netherrack, end rods, etc. which are all unobtainable.

It would also be nice to have chest shops back. I think they were removed because of profit shops, but it's easy to make a sign near the examples saying they are not allowed, and to put it in rules. It's easy to report as they have to be advertised in some way which makes them obvious.
    I'm not quite sure why the nether & end are disabled.
    They don't provide anything OP/game-breaking. Shulker boxes, elytras, blaze spawners - those are pretty much the only good things you can get.
    Shulker boxes are nice. They don't make the game easier, faster, or anything though. It's just nice - especially for people in free - to be able to have a lot of portable space to store things.
    Elytras, I don't see how they would really be beneficial to anyone, except, once again, free players. Elytras in mine? Useless. In PVP? It's the same as the other gamemodes. In plots? Again, useless.
    Blaze spawners - we can't sell blaze rods to any shop, and people don't really need them.

It really doesn't need to be big. Just 2000x2000 for nether, 3000x3000 for end would be fine.
    Changes to current enchantments:

- Yield. The enchantment, without the xp shop, is straight up useless. Even with the xp shop, I doubt it would really be that useful. So I think it should increase the rate of tokens. Not a lot, only something like 4% more per level (so it would be 20% more tokens at max level). (rate can be lowered if it seems too good)
    - Efficiency. Right now, efficiency does literally nothing past 15. Yet, the last 2 levels cost 2500 and 3000 tokens (don't remember for the rest). I think that, first of all, the costs should be lowered past 15, and secondly, the max level should be 30. This would make it so we can insta mine every block in the mines while mid air (ores, emerald/coal/iron/diamond/redstone blocks, etc.)
    - Replenish. At max level, it only gives you 0.5 hunger point every 2-3 minutes or so. The enchantment itself is already pretty pointless since we don't lose hunger in mines. It should at least give 1-1.5 hunger, because it's completely useless right now.

There are more enchantments than last reset, which is nice. But, in my opinion, it's also not enough. Especially if you have unbreakable, you get a ton of extra tokens, for some people (in free) our only options are to waste them on useless enchants (efficiency past 15, replenish, yield, etc.), or sell them for IGM we can't even do anything with. There are some enchants that could easily just be copied from the custom enchants in the other gamemodes (pickpocket - steal tokens from people you hit, torch - immune to fire damage, poisoned tip - chance to poison your enemies, etc) and some that could be thought of (personally I would like to see more enchants that break blocks, only 3 doesn't seem enough).
    I'll just link bballamelio612's thread for this: http://royallegacy.us/threads/pv-suggstion.8791/
    There is also a bug that has been known for months and is very game-breaking if exploited. I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet, because it's been reported so many times and people have even been banned for using it. Anyways, it should really be fixed asap.

continued in the comments (12000 characters limit)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. bomber12309

bomber12309 Member

professional crier
    Survival & Factions

I haven't really played survival for a long time, so this might be just me not being experienced enough.

I'm not sure why, but guardian and enderman farms basically don't work when someone else in the world, even if it's thousands of block away, uses one. Sometimes I can get 100 magic dust in about 10-15 minutes with my guardian farm, but, at the time I'm writing this, I've been online for 20 minutes and only 2 guardians have spawned. Same thing happens with enderman farms (in the End), and it's pretty irritating.
    Slime spawners are around $200k just for one, and they aren't really that good ($834 per stack of slime balls). Meanwhile, on skyblock, spawners are 80k to 100k and you can get $1134 from 7 slime blocks (63 balls). So imo slime spawners on survival & factions should be a lot cheaper.
    Sometimes my items clear from the floor, and it's not from clearlag. For example when I try to turn slime blocks into slime balls and they drop on the floor, most (if not all) of them will disappear. It doesn't do that in skyblock or in prison, and I've never tried in factions so I'm not sure, but it's irritating.
    There used to be a sign for factions but it was removed. I really don't understand why. I don't understand why a sign was even needed in the first place, there should be an option to join factions and one of the armor stand guys (there is literally a spot for factions, it's just empty so I'm very confused).

Skyblock

The sell price for slime block is way too high. It is $162 per block (around 2.5x higher than slime balls) and the spawners are very cheap ($80k ish). Even with a very simple, 15 spawners farm, you can get around $200k per hour. And some people have more complicated farms, with over 100 spawners and 2+ farms next to each other. So the slime block sell price should be lowered by a lot, because right now you can easily get over $500k an hour with a decent farm.
    IMO, blaze rods should have a higher sell price. As they can't be auto killed, I think $900 per stack is pretty low. In survival, it is much easier to get a lot of blaze spawners, yet the price is higher (around $1300 per stack). It would also encourage people to stop being AFK so much (most of the time when I come on half of the people online are just afking some slime farm).

Thank you for reading, however much you read, and hopefully I have not just wasted 3-4 hours making this thread.
    And please, criticize these ideas, explain why you agree/disagree, etc.
    Anyways, thank you and have a great day

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. m7mdsurour

m7mdsurour New Member

4. Im_A_Panda1967

Im_A_Panda1967 Member

Go to 1.12-1.12.2 to shift click, it works

5. bomber12309

bomber12309 Member

professional crier
    yeah ik, that’s what i said. but 1.12 doesn’t work in factions (works in 1.11.2 tho) and 1.11 should work globally

6. DestroyedEpisode

DestroyedEpisode Member

Bomber you moved to Ontario? gg. Thought you were in quebec

7. bomber12309

bomber12309 Member

professional crier
    i am. kinda. it’s just simpler to say ontario

8. MinYoondini

MinYoondini Mod Staff Member Mod

Professional Fangirl
    I really like this post and agree with most of it. I honestly wish more was being done with the server but with King in school and busy with... god knows what else.. the server has become dead.. as if many of these things were implemented/fixed I feel the server would be better off.. and less buggy. But we shall wait and see, to see if King will add anything or fix any of this. I do even have my own google doc he’s supposed to check on and fix things but... nothing much gets done from it.

9. YoursTrulyxXxX

YoursTrulyxXxX New Member

I agree good luck admin and to the many other suggestions, tho I joke a lot I really do like this server and would hate to see it die off. <3

10. KingGoldensPanda

KingGoldensPanda Owner Staff Member Owner

Home Page:
    Ill look into this thread more soon to try to work on some of these suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KingGoldensPanda

KingGoldensPanda Owner Staff Member Owner

Home Page:
    I believe very close, if not all, of these suggestions have been implemented or gone through in some way. Thank you for them! Would love to see another thread with more suggestions in the future.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.