Prison Changes Day 1

Discussion in 'Prison Server' started by TheCult, Jul 22, 2017.

1. TheCult

TheCult New Member

A little feedback never hurt. I feel like anything I say here will be taken negatively by a lot of people but it has to be said.

So to start off, the /pick upgrade system.
    Tokens are required to upgrade.
    Your pick is no longer unbreakable.
    You have to craft a new one instead of just getting a replacement from the command.
    Without enchants, prison will take weeks unless you get lucky with crates.

Spending tokens on a pickaxe anytime before you unlock diamonds is completely pointless because the pick breaks too quickly and even on diamond picks feels like a waste because of how quickly the pick will break with max efficiency (even with max unbreaking) and how many times you can repair it doesnt make up for how many tokens you end up spending on it.
    Ways to fix this are to make the upgrades account bound, so you can apply them free to any pick after you purchase them the first time. You can also consider boosting token generation significantly to make up for the repeated purchases. The last way is to make pickaxes unbreakable so you only ever have to make the purchases once unless you lose your pick or upgrade to a new material.

The /pick also seems to eat your pick every now and then. I got a majestic pickaxe from the crates and tried to upgrade it, only to have my pick deleted. Considering I only get one of those keys with my kit, I was pretty upset about it.

If nothing is done to improve this system, I feel like most new connects will quit before they ever get to plots, making it unlikely they will ever purchase a donator rank. I for one would rather play on this server especially after spending so much money on it, but not the way it is now. The old system was better then this, so improvements need to be made.

Again, please dont take this the wrong way, its just my opinion, but when I brought it up in game, many people agreed with me, the chat was flooded with "I agree," so its not just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. bomber12309

bomber12309 Member

professional crier
    Agreed... I respect the staff and they're freaking amazing for making this update in only 2 days, but it feels they haven't really thought it through. I'd rather have 1 week of maintenance but a decent "system" than this. I get that you're busy and it takes time to do everything and you can't please everyone but what I don't understand is that you're not planning on changing anything even though the majority prefers the old system.

Anyways, here's pretty much every scenario of how you can spend tokens.

1 - Spend them on Unbreaking. You'll break blocks very slowly and get only one of them but at least you don't have to repair it every 10 minutes.

2 - Spend them on Efficiency/Fortune. You have to repair every 3 minutes, but at least you get money faster. Of course, it'll end up being "Too Expensive!" to repair and then whew, you've wasted your tokens.

3 - Spend tokens on Unbreaking and Efficiency. That's probably the smartest thing to do. But of course, it'll be too expensive to repair anyways and you'll never be able to afford the enchant to stop your pick from breaking. So still not really cool.

4 - Save until you can afford Unbreaking 100 / [that future enchant that stops the pick from breaking]. But of course, you can't spend any tokens so you'll be stuck at crafting a new enchantless pick until you have what, 5000 tokens? Not sure how quickly y'all are getting tokens but I'm guessing you would be in clay mines by then. And they're impossible without insta mining.

... Unless you get a majestic pick, you can't really do anything. (Which is probably why the only person past N right now (last time i checked was like 20m ago, might be outdated) is an overlord with maj pick and he's at V or so. So that means every non-donors and whatever ranks don't get picks can't rankup properly.

So uh, I can't really think of anything else. That's pretty much it. I spent like 4 hours in K and L total because I'm mining way too slowly. That's not really normal.

I know people who keep complaining are super annoying but I was so happy whenever I played prison before the update and now it's so exhausting because it's almost impossible to rankup even though I'm super early in the game.

Thanks for reading and sorry for complaining.

Edit: The new repair thing pretty much fixed 95% of what I was unhappy with, so that's nice.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  3. Miss Bubbleh

Miss Bubbleh New Member

I agree with everything here!

4. KingGoldensPanda

KingGoldensPanda Owner Staff Member Owner

Home Page:
    like I said 70 times already..........

We don't want everyone to have tons of upgrades right now on the pickaxes. We are still debugging. Most of the bugs are gone so we are going to upgrade the system until its balanced. I have already thought of 2-3 more ways of getting tokens. Im also adding repair to the /pick

• Like Like x 3
  5. SnowGoddess

SnowGoddess Member

i think the system is fine, we reset annually, i dont tk we need ppl to reaach free within a month or sth
    Add account bind imo is dumb, coz whats the point of the system, mind as well make it unbreakable, again making its existence useless
    and like what king said, its only the first day, nothings pperfect

6. DestroyedEpisode

DestroyedEpisode Member

SnowGoddess we dont reset every year; they usually only reset when there is a major crash or everyone is at like FREE