#ResetSkyblocks

Discussion in 'Skyblock Server' started by Noy, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Is Skyblock Due for a Reset?

1. Indeed good sir, it is at the zenith of its times. Perhaps now would be the best time to start anew.

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Why, I must respectfully disagree, for I believe Skyblock is healthy as it has always been. Sugar?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Noy

Noy New Member

Reset Skyblocks. Why tho?

Issa laggy.

Issa glitchy.

Too many mobs boi.

Issa out-dated. (wack af)

Needs to be cleansed of all sins.

9/10 people agree that skyblocks should be reset. I even talk to people online who have established their builds and reputation on skyblock and they be like, "Yo. Is all good and shi&, but y'know it would be great if we could like reset this boi."

Is this a shit post? Absolutely not. All jokes aside this has been something that has been discussed on numerous occasions by many, many people. I heard skyblocks was up for a reset anyway. Chop Chop & Godspeed.

2. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Local Weeb, Gaming Addict and Trap ;3
    Pfft why reset Slyblock when you can just wipe everyone’s Balance then make all the afk spawner prices 2mil ;3

XD In all honesty I don’t play skybloxk much but I agree and disagree because very many could bring up fair points to both sides

3. Noy

Noy New Member

Cuz everybody and their mamas already got lots o' spawners. I mean, you would have to wipe balances, increase prices, and destroy every one of their crazy grinders.

Or. meh. reset.

4. Madyacht

Madyacht New Member

Some people already own up to 200-1000 slime spawners already....taking away everyone bal and setting afk spawners to 2mil each doesnt affect people who own 200-1000 slime spawners already

5. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Fair I guess but still that was my joke point

6. Noy

Noy New Member

change yer vote no jokes dis is not a joke!!!!!111!11oneone!!11!1

7. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Smh Foine XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Helper Staff Member Helper

To note; no staff discussion has occurred with whether Skyblock should be reset or not and my words also have no direct significance to its future. Something to consider as Rias mentioned is that there is an argument for both sides, I personally wouldn't mind a Skyblock reset as I'd like a complete restart while pushing other goals for my island without having to feel the despair in typing "/is confirm" to reset. xD Here's a quick list of top of the head ideas which concern each side.

Don't Reset Skyblock:
    • Keep in mind Skyblock reset only a little under 5 Months back early September (09-08-17) meaning it hasn't had too much of a lifespan this go around. That's essentially the downfall with all Skyblock related servers. There is no exploration and it is entirely challenge based in such that once you've completed all the challenges "/c" you have no real point to continue playing besides building bigger and newer things. A lot of people don't like that and that's what causes this idea that becoming the greatest powerhouse auto-spawner grindy machine is end-game and the sole purpose of Skyblock and to each their own.
    • With that in mind though^ All these people with 100s of Slime Spawners started fairly recently (5 months) so if it were reset soon in 5 months we'll potentially run into the same problem all over again.
    • After the attack that occurred last Wednesday King devoted a lot of his spare time into fixing everyones balance that he could/contacted him.
    Reset Skyblock:
    • Although it'd definitely effect those whom have been around longer the most (be it those with 100s of spawners or just people with impressive islands) it'd allow for a completely fresh economy and start for the increasing amount of new players recently joining.
    • It could potentially be a great oppurtunity to add more features to our Skyblock server (ie smaller Private End Island or a reworked challenge system new custom starting islands for ranks)
    • Would fix a lot of the occasional lag issues~
    • Opportunity to completely re-balance the economy and even change the shop.

There's definitely a discussion to be had here surrounding Skyblock in general and it'd be interesting to see what suggestions everyone has to either fix on-going issues or the possibility of a new Skyblock.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Noy

Noy New Member

Honestly, I would be more interested in coming up with some ideas (as a community) on cool ways to make Skyblock as a while more appealing.

As you stated the replay value of Skyblock is next to nothing; once you do everything . . . well . . . you do everything.

While I currently have no ideas in mind, it would be something to ponder on in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pawlowskiboys

pawlowskiboys Member

Cough Cough Why Survival is Better Cough Cough Hehhehe Tho having Fun projects to do on sky block each reset is what makes players repeat and replay so maybe add some building games to it to make some challenges

• Agree Agree x 1