Voting + Rewards update!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by KingGoldensPanda, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGoldensPanda

KingGoldensPanda Owner Staff Member Owner

Home Page:
    Hi everyone!

I know many of you wanted voting to return, and many of you do not care. However I do so I returned it.
    Many of you are not going to be thrilled that I am now requiring voting for your daily/weekly/monthly free rewards at /warp rewards, however, I find that what was added is fair and balanced.
    It takes about 10 seconds to vote on a site, so about 20 seconds is all it takes for your daily rewards to be claimable.

So, basically, here are the major changes:
    Daily: Requires 2 Votes, resets every day at 12:00am EST
    Weekly: Requires 9 Votes, resets every Sunday at 12:00am EST
    Monthly: Requires 24 Votes, resets on the 1st of every month at 12:00am EST of that day

New Command:
    /vote

Here is what the new voting menu (for this example we are using Survival Server's voting menu) will look like, the free rewards will now turn into Cyan (gray) Stained Clay blocks, and if you hover over them, you will be able to view the amount of votes you still need to unlock them.
    [​IMG]

After you have enough votes, these blocks will turn back to quartz blocks, allowing you to click them and claim the reward again like normal. As seen below.
    [​IMG]

Overall, this will help balance the economy some. Players that join for only a few minutes and leave will likely not vote and thus not be able to obtain great items from crates. This will also help increase server awareness by bumping us on voting sites, allowing more people to find Royal Legacy easier.

No, Donor Rank Rewards do not require voting to claim the reward.

I may start doing top voter rewards also! *hint hint*

Big update to prison next!
    We want to know what you want added next on any of our servers. Comment below!

Thanks,
    KingGoldensPanda

• Like Like x 1
  2. ObliviArt

ObliviArt New Member

I have already pointed out a few issues and preferences on prison, if you would like to talk more about these, king, please message me. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fredtheswede

Fredtheswede New Member

Will the voting requirement reset after you claim a reward? For example of i vote twice and get the daily reward, do i need to vote twice the next day to claim the daily award again? Or do you need to vote twice to get the daily reward permanently?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CoolDoominator

CoolDoominator New Member

How will voting balance this rewards on the server? i dont understand! No other server does it and yet this server does? i dont get it i would understand for the daily key only but for all three?

• Like Like x 1
  5. iron_man_one

iron_man_one New Member

Alright, I guess I'll put my reaction here. This change provoked me to make this account in the first place.

Hi KingGoldensPanda, the owner of the server I know and love. I am mine rank X with no donor rank (which is probably why you don't listen to my concerns or attempts to begin a conversation in-game). I have made many friends on this server and even built up my plot with a few of the people I met.

Now, let's get on to my problem. This voting thing for rewards seems as a good idea. It does certainly promote your server and gives people an incentive to get rewards. However, I don't particularly agree with this statement:

"Overall, this will help balance the economy some. Players that join for only a few minutes and leave will likely not vote and thus not be able to obtain great items from crates."​

Point 1: "...this will help balance the economy some." Tbh, I don't see how this new voting system will help balance out the economy. The time-span between each reward chest is already so large (especially for the more valuable rewards) that I consider even that to be enough. With the chances as well as the items in each chest, I don't think there will be much of a change of the amount of "dull" armor sets people receive and sequentially throw away. On the same note, the economy in the server doesn't consist of a "/pay" command, making one-on-one transactions considerably difficult (because "/ah" projects the transaction to the entire server). As a suggestion, you could add a "/pay" command but restrict it only the specific ranks, just like plot claiming.

Point 2: "...and thus not be able to obtain great items from crates." The only really highly valued "great" items are accessible through donor ranks (which is completely understandable since you need money to keep the server running). So this is more of a problem with word choice/opinion: I think that many other players would believe "great" to be an overstatement. I would suggest to put even better items in reward crates just to pacify the onslaught of critics of this new voting system.

tl;dr: I just want the server owner to listen and understand my concerns with the new voting system, and I want him to have some respect to the lower non-donor ranks (of course, there are always the obnoxious players). I await your response, KingGoldensPanda.

Respectfully,
    iron_man_one

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tdonaghy321

tdonaghy321 New Member

I agree with this but i also disagree I like the idea of it because more new people join and its more fun with more people and it gives everyone a chance to meet new people, BUT i dislike the idea because half the people that normally play forget about the reward system anyway so making us vote for something we normally forget kinda sucks

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.